Privacy & Cookies
Please read the following before you send us any Personal Data.
From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply the Group with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of credit facilities or provision of financial and/or other services.
Failure to supply such data may result in the Group being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue credit facilities or provide financial or other services.
Data maybe collected from customers in the ordinary course of the continuation of the business relationship between customers and the Group.
Providing personal information to the Group through electronic means (such as e-mail, Internet or voice recording system) cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. The Group will not be responsible for any damage suffered by users if they send any information to the Group through electronic devices, or if the Group sends any information through electronic devices at the request of the user. Customers should take heed of such weaknesses and communicate personal information through electronic devices with caution.
The Group will not collect any personal information that identifies a visitor to this Website unless specified otherwise. Your visit to this Website will record only the Domain Name Server, part of your email address and of the pages visited. Such information will be used to prepare aggregate information about the number of visitors to the Website and general statistics on usage patterns of the Website.
The purposes for which data relating to customers may be used (whether within or outside Hong Kong) are as follows:
- the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers;
- conducting credit checks;
- assisting other institutions to conduct credit checks;
- ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of customers;
- designing financial services or related products for customers' use;
- marketing financial services or related products;
- determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by customers;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any legal and/or regulatory requirements or court orders binding on the Group; and
- purposes relating to any of the above
Use of Data in Direct Marketing:
The Group intends to use and/or transfer the Customer’s data to any related companies of the Group for direct marketing and the Group requires the consent (which includes an indication of no objection) of the Customer for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- Your name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data held by the Group from time to time may be used by the Group in direct marketing;
he following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
- securities, insurance, asset management, funds, properties, investment and related services and products;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes in relation to the class of marketing subjects as referred to in clause B(i) above; and
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes.
- If a Customer does not wish the Group to use and/or transfer the Customer’s data for use in direct marketing, the Customer may, without charge, exercise the right to opt-out.
Data held by the Group relating to a customer will be kept confidential but the Group may provide such information to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, financial, trade execution, cash, securities and/or contracts clearing or settlement or other services to the Group in connection with the operation of its business;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Group including a group companies of the Group which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- any financial institution or dealer with which the customer has or proposes to have dealings;
- any credit reference agency and in the event of default, any debt collection agency;
- any actual or proposed assignee of the Group or participant or sub-participant or transferee of the rights of the Group in respect of the customer; and
- any exchange, entity, agency, regulatory or government body in any jurisdiction if required by law or pursuant to any court orders, rules or regulations to which the Group is subject. In such cases, the Group is usually under a duty of secrecy and will not be able to notify a customer or seek his consent in relation to such release of information.
Under and in accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (the (“Ordinance”), an individual has the right to:
- check whether the Group holds data about him and the right of access to such data;
- require the Group to correct any data relating to him which is inaccurate;
The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed is as follows:
PC Securities Financial Group
11/F, Lee Garden Five, 18 Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap.486 of the Laws of Hong Kong (“the Ordinance”), the Group has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
In addition to the Group’s duty of confidentiality to customers, the Group shall at all times observe the above privacy principles and the Ordinance of the Hong Kong SAR in collecting, maintaining and using the personal data of customers.
This Policy may be revised, amended or supplemented from time to time by the Group.
You are required to read this disclaimer before accessing this PC Securities Financial Group Limited (“PCSFG”) Website. Your use of this Website constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms in this disclaimer.
1. Observance of the law
All laws, rules, ordinances, and regulations (“applicable law”) must be observed during the usage of the website. You recognize that the internet is a global network and understand that the applicable law may change from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. You agree to observe the “applicable law” in the jurisdiction you are located in. You should not access the website from any area from which the accessing of this website is considered illegal. Please seek legal advice if you are not sure about the meaning of “applicable law” or to what extent such applicable law applies to you.
2. Account And Password
If you want to use internet securities, trading services of PCSFG, you must provide complete and precise information in your account opening form. You must sign our “Client Agreement” and create and maintain a password for your account before you can access the PCSFG website and the related services provided by us. Your password is very important and therefore you should keep it safe. PCSFG is not responsible for unauthorised access to your internet trading account due to your failure in safeguarding your password or your computer. You should keep PCSFG updated if there is any change to your personal information. We have the right to disable your user account or password at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions set out in this disclaimer.
3. Usage Pledge
You agree that you will not use the PCSFG website for any illegal activity or usage. In particular, you agree that you will not:
Please note that this disclaimer is subject to change at any time without prior notice. PCSFG offers no guarantee of any kind, whether express or implied, relating to the website, including, but not limited to, on the following:
Each user of the PCSFG website is solely responsible for the risks involved. PCSFG takes no responsibility for any error occurred on the PCSFG website. It’s the user’s duty to set up and maintain the hardware, software and system equipment for internet access so as to satisfy all the technical requirements. PCSFG takes no responsibility from any consequential damage due to any unavailability or disconnection resulting from equipment or technology failure.
5. The PCSFG Website
All investment trading tools, information and services are provided by PCSFG in Hong Kong. The PCSFG website should not be regarded as an offer, solicitation, invitation or recommendation to sell or buy any securities, investment or insurance to any person in any jurisdiction. Before browsing the PCSFG website, you must agree to comply with all restrictions. Persons accessing our website are advised to obtain appropriate investment, financial, tax or other professional advice where necessary. The PCSFG website may mention certain financial products or services. You should not regard these as the promotion or selling of the products or services. We do not represent that any securities, products or services you may view on of through this website are suitable for you or any particular person. PCSFG may have held some of the equity securities mentioned in this website, but PCSFG will place clients’ financial interests ahead of their own.
6. Use of Hyperlinks
PCSFG website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites which are only for your convenience. PCSFG has no control on the accuracy of information provided, efficiency, availability and safety of these websites. PCSFG shall have no liability for third party websites.
7. Intellectual Property
We and other parties (as applicable) own the trademarks, trade names, logos and service marks (“Trademarks”) that are used or displayed on this website. You are not allowed to use any Trademark used or displayed on this website without our or such other parties’ prior written permission.
The information on the PCSFG website is copyright protected. The information may not be copied, modified, transmitted, broadcasted, sold, distributed, published, passed on, or used for any business or public purpose without prior written approval from PCSFG.
8. Risk Disclosure for using online platform trading
Due to unpredictable traffic congestion and other reasons, electronic transmission may not be a reliable medium of communication. Transactions conducted via electronic means are subject to delays in transmission and receipt of your instructions or other information, delays in execution or execution of your instructions at prices different from those prevailing at the time your instructions were given, transmission interruption or blackout, for which we are not liable for. There are risks of misunderstanding or errors in communication. It is usually not possible to cancel an instruction after it has been given. We have a right to delay acting or refuse to act on an instruction if we are aware of or suspect a breach of security or other suspicious circumstances relating to the use of this website.
If you undertake transactions through the internet, you will be exposed to risks associated with the system including the failure of hardware and software. The result of system failure may be that your order is either not executed according to your instructions or is not executed at all.
Email messages sent to us over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. We are not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by users if they send a message to us, or if we send a message to them at their request, over the internet.
The price of securities can and does fluctuate, and any individual security may experience upwards or downwards movements, and may under some circumstances even become valueless. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profit made, as a result of buying and selling securities.
9. Change of Services
We reserve the rights to edit or modify the PCSFG website in whole or in part without prior notice. We also reserve the rights to close the website temporarily or permanently if due to system failure or internet connection failure and other technical difficulties. You agree that PCSFG is not responsible for such changes or closure of the PCSFG website.
10. Cookies and Personal Data
11. Social Media
We use certain social media (such as Facebook and Linkedin) and to the extent applicable, the terms of this disclaimer apply to all social media websites, accounts and/or pages which belong to or are managed by us or our subsidiaries (collectively, “Channels”), with references to this “website” or “PCSFG website” replaced with references to such Channel instead. In addition, the following terms shall apply to all our Channels:
12. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This disclaimer is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Any dispute arising from the use of this website shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong court.
In case of inconsistency between the Chinese and the English version of this disclaimer, the English version shall prevail.